Friday, October 12, 2007

Well, here we go ...

I've been thinking about this for a little while now ... starting to record my thoughts in a blog for all to enjoy :)

I think that initially this blog is going to focus on resources that I've acquired that I'd like to share with you. Who knows? If God wills, this site will become a good resource for those who desire to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)

I also hope to have time to develop my own theology here. I want to see how my growth progresses over time, and this might be a good learning experience for me.

So let's get started ... I've been learning about the history of the church lately, and it has given me great insights into how God moves in and through His people. It has also given me insight into what happens when men put more emphasis on what they see and experience instead of what the word of God says.

Two resources:

Dr. David Calhoun of Covenant Theological Seminary

Ancient & Medieval Church History
Reformation & Modern Church History

Tom Browning of Arlington Presbyterian Church (PCA)

The History of the Reformation - How Christ Restored the Gospel to His Church

Blessings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

1 comment:

Brett R said...

I just wanted to be the first to place a comment on your blog. Blessings to you brother. Keep on learning.

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/0403.htm

The Gospel in 6 minutes - John Piper