Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My daughter's birthday

Today is my daughter's 10th birthday. There is a lot behind this testimony of mine. Perhaps someday I'll write it down. But for now, all I want to say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASHLEY! I love you and think about you all the time.

Maybe one day you'll be able to read this.

For those of you who don't know, Ashley is my first daughter, born to my ex girlfriend, who's name is Miracle. She abducted my daughter 7 years ago, when she had just turned three, and disappeared. I found her two years ago, and when I tried to re-establish contact, she served me with adoption papers (she wanted her new husband to adopt her without my consent). I contested, but lost my case because of such a long absence.

As the LORD wills .. this trial is one which He used to bring me to my end and come to Christ. For that, I praise Him. I still miss her, tho. She's on my mind every single day. And I still depend on God to bring me through it. Every day.

I love you, little girl. Daddy misses you.

No comments:

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/0403.htm

The Gospel in 6 minutes - John Piper