Sunday, March 23, 2008

Reformed Confessions on mp3

http://urclearning.org/creeds-and-confessions-audio/

This link includes:

Apostles Creed
Nicene Creed
Athanasian Creed
Chalcedonian Creed
Heidelberg Catechism
Belgic Confession
Canons of Dordrecht (Dordt)

For the most part, I agree with these. There are a few points, such as infant baptism mentioned in the Heidelberg Catechism, which I don't understand enough to agree or disagree. For instance, I understand that it doesn't intend to be the same as the Catholic baptism. It seems to be more like the typical type of "dedication" only with water.

In fact, it is my understanding now that Calvin also believed in infant baptism. And I've found out that some reformers still practice it today. As a sort of covenant thing ... akin to circumcision. How odd.

I have yet to listen fully to the Belgic Confession, so I have no comment on that yet.

No comments:

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/0403.htm

The Gospel in 6 minutes - John Piper